I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Redface's Red Ale #1

What a week I had.  I felt like I accomplished a lot this week, from getting a job, to building a wood burning stove, to 'floating' at the math and science night.  But Friday topped the week off.  I stopped at the only brew supply store anywhere near me, and got all I needed to restart brewing.

It'd been a while, so in order to not screw everything up by being rusty, I relied on my wine-brewing sense to slow everything down.  That might've been the most important thing Jake and I learned when we brewed all those batches years ago - as long as you don't rush things, you'll end up with some good booze.  As simple as that. 

Well, anyway, here's my first solo brew:














This morning it was bubbling away - a sure sign that Booze is on it's way.

More to come on the homebrew front!

No comments:

Post a Comment