I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blame it on the Alcohol

 

I don't normally tune in to Glee - I have watched a few episodes from each season, usually when I am in the mood for 40 minutes of pop songs actually sung and performed well - and I'm doing something else at the same time so Glee is just background. The most recent episode, S2 E14, is all about drinking, and I loved it. Anytime I get to hear "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer," I'm not complaining too loud.

I am not encouraging you become a fan of the show (and its crappy high school drama storyline), but if you have enjoyed music videos before, and like alcohol, you should check out this episode. It's on Hulu

2 comments:

  1. I think some explanation is needed regarding "when [you are] in the mood for 40 minutes of pop songs actually sung and performed well"... maybe you should do your next post about some kind of bubblegum princess cocktail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, when I was writing that, I tried over and over to phrase it so it sounded right - I guess I needed to explain more.

    I love music. From Atmosphere to Wagner, and from the Doors to David Nail, music of all different genres interests me - except one, POP.

    Glee, however, is full of people actually singing, and singing well. Everything is recorded with that glow that used to surround music videos on the MTV of the early 90s. It's a shame pop music isn't performed or recorded by artists who sound like Glee.

    Given all that, it's unsurprising (though a telling indication of the development of American culture) that Glee recently passed Elvis for the most songs to break the top 100 billboard chart - with 120 songs.

    Maybe I'll make a bubblegum princess cocktail one day. I'll serve it to you when you're three drink plastered and about to pass out you mouthy harpy.

    ReplyDelete