I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Homebrew Update

Well, my first home-brew beer in a while is doing well.  I had to clean and put the airlock back on four times over the course of the first four days - one time it took me nearly ten minutes to find the body of the airlock and cork, as they'd flown nearly ten feet away.

I guess I'll have to learn as I do more of these.  I feel a little like I have too much sediment in the beer, and I'm hoping it really clears up over its time in secondary.  I won't really be able to call it red ale if it's opaque and brown.

Racked into secondary, so all that remains is to wait it out! Then condition, bottle, and finally drink.

Not sure what I'll make to follow it, but I'm thinking of starting another batch when I bottle this one, that way I'll have plenty of beer for the weeks I'm home during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment