I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Smart People Drink More Alcohol

According to a recent tabulation of existing data, there are a number of surprising facts about drinkers in this country.  First of all, 20% fewer people without a high school degree reported that they drink alcohol than people with a diploma, and the number goes up even higher with more education.

Most interesting to me was the numbers by region - apparently the Northeast is the most booze-soaked area in the country.  I wonder what the reason for that is?  I'd figured the E South Central, with its Blue-Grass Parkway and Bourbon Trail, would have more drinking than anywhere else.  Guess that's just my own bourbon bias at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment