I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Guest Column - Fair Well Through the Stormy Seas

I have never been one to drink the same thing time in and time out, so it's nice to have new suggestions to try. However, I recently rekindled a fond relationship that has been dormant as of late. She goes by the name of Dark and Stormy, not sure if you are familiar with her but I thought I'd share.

http://www.goslingsrum.com/home.asp

Start with one of my favorite rums, Gosling's Dark Rum (or any dark rum for that matter). Gosling's isn't too strong, but it's inexpensive and I love the sweet finish. Then all you need is some ginger beer. The Gosling's brand will do in a pinch but I recommend Reed's if you can find it. Reed's is less sweet and more bitter/gingery, which I feel compliments the rum more, which is already sweet enough.

Dark and Stormy   
6oz Ginger Beer
4-6oz Dark Rum

I like to keep the rum in the freezer as apposed to shaking it with some ice to avoid watering it down but either will suffice. Ginger beer goes in first, then the rum, don't stir, and enjoy. The rum will settle at the top at first, making the glass seem like a dark horizon, but will eventually mix as you drink. Hope you like it.

-Lager 

No comments:

Post a Comment