I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Repeal Day

Image Source
While I'm sure it would bring you joy to hear I didn't post anything on repeal day because I was too drunk, sadly I cannot make that claim.  It was down in my calendar to celebrate - and celebrate it I did in the most appropriate fashion.  However, I did forget to finish my post and get it published at 21:00 hours.  Sorry about that.

Some of the best mixologists in the world attended the DC Craft Bartenders Guild Ball on December 4th to celebrate the 21st amendment.  Drinks were poured, good times were had, and all of it auspiciously legal.

A site respectfully about repeal day:  http://www.repealday.org/

A drunken dousing of history about the President who helped get the 18th repealed: FDR: Portrait of a Drinking President


A Dewars ad in repeal form:

No comments:

Post a Comment