I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Water of Life - Not Just for Drunks Anymore

Most cultures have a word for their national liquor and it usually boils down to something resembling "Water of Life."  While anyone knows I could launch into a stupefying yet sophistic rant about what that says about alcohol's value in society, history, and politics, I'll stick to the recent news that my friend Jake sent my way.  Scottish Scientists Develop Whisky Biofuel.

Judging by the article, it's years down the line, but what's important to note is that it's an old process, and it uses pot ale, not whisky itself.  When I first clicked the link, I was afraid it was going to be a scientific process that told me I could just pour liquor into my tank and drive on it...  ...I'm glad that fear was unfounded.

They're starting a spin-off company from the university, so if you're interested in moving to Scotland and being a part of a project that might revolutionize the way people think about whisky, I'd investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment