I don't like jail, they got the wrong kind of bars in there.

Charles Bukowski

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beer Fast and Bacon

Ever since I came across the Modern Drunkard article on beer fasting, I have wondered what the experience would be like. I did a fast once - only 72 hours, but it was enough to go through a few of the thought processes that seem to go through fasters' brains and bodies. And no, this is not the part where I tell you about my bowel movements.



A recent successful beer fast by J. Wilson for lent was impressive. He brewed his own beer for the experiment, pictured above, and kept an inspiring blog throughout his fast. And, he finished it all off with a bacon smoothie.Check out his blog for the full details, but here is his video post for his 40th day.

Cheers to you J. Wilson.

1 comment:

  1. You should do a Manhattan fast. Or a White Russian fast.

    Or a wine fast.

    ReplyDelete